The Botlek Portfacility B.V company began in 1943 as a one-man operation. Cornelis Botlek Portfacility B.V Sr. transported oils and fats from Schipluiden in a small 40-tonne barge, the ‘Nooit Volmaakt’.
In order to expand to handle its increase in business, Botlek Portfacility B.V moved to Wormerveer in 1957. There, in the vicinity of the river Zaan and close to the food industry, the company continued to flourish.
This ultimately led to the development of two other locations in the Netherlands: At Pernis (near the port of Rotterdam) and Nijmegen (close to the German border).
The last period Botlek Portfacility B.V Terminals acquired the four European Westway Terminals (April 2014), Nova Terminals (June 2014), BP Pernis (July 2015) and Odfjell Terminals Rotterdam (2018). All terminals and activities were branded under the name Botlek Portfacility B.V Terminals.